I don’t think I’ll ever tackle this one fully. In fact, I’m very admitingly bad at time management. I’m ADHD, get distracted, and next thing I know it’s 2010 😉
So, let’s see what I’ve got to tackle.
- God. Have to give him the priority, or nothing else matters.
- Business. Yes, as much as I wish I could be a stay at home future wife, that’s not the reality. I still have to be there for my clients, do my work, marketing, accounting, etc… I’m only one person and even just this one alone is enough to make a person crazy.
- 1st time home buyer. This is the one eating the most of my time right now. Running papers and signatures all over the city, researching the prices on things we need, picking floors, wall colors, appliances, choosing home insurance, whew! It’s a lot to take in.
- Wedding Planning. Like I mentioned in confession #2, I do still need a caterer… as well as countless other things that have to be done! Luckily, a lot of big things are done, but we have so much more to do!
- Fiance . Yes, I still have to have time to maintain some kind of normalcy with my fiance.
- Friends. Tuesday night dinners are a standing tradition
- Kodi, my awesome Standard Poodle. He doesn’t take a lot of time as he’s so laid back, but I always have to consider him. I can’t go out for 12 hrs on a saturday shopping for floors if he’s home alone without basic needs.
So, there’s more, of course… I feel like I juggle a lot, but one day you’ll take our first time homebuyer and insert something else. I have a feeling that it really will never end, which is why this is my confession #3. Gotta learn it now – Time Management.
I hate admitting that! But it’s true, we still haven’t found a caterer! Actually, we did, and they said they would work in our budget. Unfortunately, they came back with an official proposal $4+ thousand dollars over the catering budget. NOT GOOD. We’re still working on lowering that but I’m also meeting wednesday with a caterer I work with a lot… fingers crossed we can come up with something that works!
I love my job. I’m truly blessed and even on the hard days I try and remember that. I’m no wedding planner however, and there’s a good reason I’m a wedding photographer instead.
I’m NOT artistic. At all. You might ask, but you’re a photographer, how can you not be artistic? Well, you’re right, that sounds weird… but hand me a blank canvas and you’ll get stick figures and sloppy writing. I can’t paint, draw, I can’t even do bubble letters… I see things that exist, and put them together to form a pretty picture. So, now, I have a blank canvas, and I have to somehow create my vision in my head for real. Oy
I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. “Anything anywhere except where I go for “work” all the time.” Well, that get’s rid of just about any venue in the area. Naturally, the next best thing is a blank, can be put anywhere, white tent. I really… REALLY wanted a tented wedding. One issue though. I had no where to put a tent! I sat down with a planner friend and called literally just about every venue from the Eastern Shore to NC. NO WHERE had our date available.
I’ve learned a lot about what it is to be a bride, what my clients go through, and what they expect in this process. Now, it’s my turn to look at this blank canvas and figure it all out. Colors, Themes, Foods, a million decisions to be made.
And it’s only the beginning.